There are certain things that you will need in order to succeed at organic gardening. First of all you will need some basic knowledge and understanding of what this type of cultivation is and how it can help you. You can learn more about it here. In a nutshell proper knowledge is essential for you to produce the best harvest you have ever had.
Whether you are an experienced gardener or you have only been doing this for a couple of years there will always be something to learn. People that have doing this their whole lives are still learning new strategies and techniques that they can use to help them in getting a very good growing season. It is a never ending learning process that you need to understand in order to become the best gardener that you can.
Tools That You Will Need to Start
Tools are an important aspect of organic gardening and you will need to know which ones you must have to achieve your goals. Here is a list of tools that you will need in your gardening efforts. Some of these tools are optional, but these are the ones that I recommend and use in my own garden.
1. Tiller – This is a tool that you may not need necessarily especially if you have a very small yard, but it would make digging up the soil much easier. I would recommend anyone who looking to grow a garden to have one of these in their tool shed.
2. Shovel – Naturally you will need a shovel because this will probably be the most used tool for any home gardener.
3. Pitchfork – This is great for breaking up the soil and removing roots, rocks, and other items that may get in the way of your plants. It is perfect for digging out weeds and plants that need to be removed.
4. Hand rake and Hand Shovel – These are the two most commonly used items in your garden. I use them all the time whenever I need to weed and aerate my plants. Together they make removing weeds much easier than if I had to do it with my bare hands.
5. Utility Knife – A utility knife always comes in handy in the garden whether it is to open up a bag of fertilizer, removing a vegetable or fruit from its vine, or just removing insects from your plants. I always carry one with me whenever I work out in the garden.
Other Things That Can Help You Achieve Success
Tools are great for the purpose of gardening but there are a couple of other things that I believe will help you in creating the perfect garden. For example a notebook can be used to write down everything that you do each year and you can create a list of items that will last you through the whole season.
This would include types of fertilizers you need, goals you should set, purchase the appropriate tools if needed, and anything else that you think would be handy. I always write down everything that I do during the growing season so that when the next year comes I know exactly what to expect each month.
Not only a journal for writing down what you do, but a notebook for writing down your harvest you get every year. Basically every time you pick something from the garden you should weigh it and place it in a simple notebook. That way you can keep a record of all the harvests you have had through your lifetime. These are just some extra things that I do which help in my success each and every year.